Create a Product Set
This article explains how to create a Product Set using the Datafeedr Product Sets plugin.
In this article
What is a Product Set?
A Product Set contains a group of related products and is responsible for importing that group of products into your website and keeping the information about those products up-to-date. In general, Product Sets are responsible for:
- Finding products - A Product Set lets you search our database of products and refine your search results through the use of search filters. You then associate your search and/or specific products to the Product Set.
- Organizing products - You associate a Product Set with a category (ex. WooCommerce product category) where you want the products in the Product Set to be imported.
- Importing products - Once "published", a Product Set will import the products associated with it into the category specified.
- Updating products - At an interval you define, a Product Set will update the products it is responsible for importing making sure the product information is up-to-date.
- Deleting products - A Product Set will also delete a product from your site if it is no longer available from the merchant.
Introducing the Dashboard
Creating a Product Set is a multi-step process. Use the Dashboard to keep track of the steps that you have completed.
The 3rd "Add as Saved Search" step in the Dashboard is optional. Learn more below.
Creating a Product Set
The following steps will guide you through creating your first Product Set. To get started, go here WordPress Admin Area > Product Sets > Add Product Set.
Product Set Title
You should give your Product Set a title that is meaningful so that you can find it later. The Product Set title will not appear publicly. It's strictly for your purposes.
The next step is to search for products. Use the search form to find the products you want to add to this Product Set. Click the "+ add filter" link to search on different product fields to further refine your search.
This tutorial will use the Saved Search Method.
After you click the [Search] button you will see your search results. If you are happy with the results of your search and want to add all of the products returned in your search results to this Product Set, click the [Add as Saved Search] button.
After you have added products to your Product Set, you'll need to select the category (or categories) to import this set of products into.
At the bottom of the right sidebar you will see a list of your WooCommerce categories. Choose one or more categories.
Publish your Product Set
The last step is to publish your Product Set. When you are ready for the products in this Product Set to be imported into your website and visible to your website's visitors, click the [Publish] button.
When a Product Set is first published, it will be put in the update queue. It may begin updating immediately or later if other Product Sets are already in the update queue.