No merchants selected error
When you create a Product Set you can use the "Merchant" filter to only include products from a specific merchant (or merchants). Here's an example of the "Merchant" filter in use:
Occasionally, however, a merchant might not be available during the time your Product Set runs an update. This might be due to a number of reasons. Here's what your Product Set might look like when the "Merchant" filter is being used but no merchants are found.
You may also see the following error on your WordPress Admin Area > Product Sets page:
Product Set Updates Disabled By Default
By default, when a Product Set is missing a merchant, three things happen:
- That Product Set's products are no longer visible in your store.
- All other Product Set updates are disabled until the issue is resolved.
- An automated email is sent from your server to the Admin Email of your WordPress website notifying you of the error.
Once you get the email notification you should log into your site, navigate to the Product Set with the error and resolve the error.
You can resolve the error by using one of the following methods:
- Select a different merchant for the Merchant filter.
- Remove the Merchant filter from your search.
- Move the Product Set to the Trash if you no longer need those products.
After you have resolved the error using one of the above methods, you MUST go here WordPress Admin Area > Product Set > Configuration and set "Updates" to "Enabled" again.
Once your Product Set is resolved and your Product Set Updates start running again, the red error message will eventually go away.
Prevent Updates From Being Disabled
If you prefer that your Product Set updates do not become disabled when a Product Set update fails due to it missing merchants, then you will need to do the following:
- Go here WordPress Admin Area > Product Sets > Configuration
- Set Disable Updates When Missing Merchants to "No".
By setting this to "No" your Product Sets will attempt an update but if they encounter a "No merchants selected" error, that Product Set's products will be removed from your store but your Product Set Updates will remain Enabled. You will also receive an email notifying you about the issue.
You will still need to resolve the error using one of the three methods mentioned above in order to re-import the Product Set's products.