Provide Access to WordPress Admin Area
Occasionally we may ask for access to your WordPress Admin Area in order to help you solve a problem or fix a bug.
The easiest way to provide (and eventually revoke) access to your WordPress Admin Area is by using the Temporary Login Without Password plugin.
This provides a secure way for us to log into your website without emailing usernames/passwords. It also allows us to view your site in English (without changing your default language) and for you to manage and revoke our access when we are finished (or automatically after a fixed amount of time).
Here's how to set it up:
- Install and activate the Temporary Login Without Password plugin.
- Navigate to WordPress Admin Area > Users > Temporary Logins.
- Click the [Create New] button.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Role: Administrator
- Expiry: One Week
- Language: English
- Click [Submit]
After you click the [Submit] button you will be provided the temporary login link. Click the "clipboard" icon next to the login link to copy the URL and email us the URL.
6. Email us the temporary login link.